Polawa Offline Internet e-Library & e-Resources Server is a high capacity offline server system that provides complete digital library, e-learning, and virtual internet functions for nursery, primary and secondary schools at little or zero running cost.
The Polawa Interactive e-Library Server System was developed along the lines and approach of Internet-in-Box system; and through partnership with international education resource organizations with the following objectives:
- to promote digital library in elementary and secondary schools in developing countries at no or little running cost;
- to provide students and teachers with digital resources that encourage more of interactive learning and less of passive learning in schools;
- to effect and enhance digital learning and reading in primary and secondary schools;
- to provide web based resources and services in schools with or without internet connectivity;
- to encourage students’ interest in the educational aspect of the internet in contrast to social aspect.
The Benefits of the System to Schools
The followings are among the benefits that Polawa Interactive e-Resources System would afford your schools:
- Provision of fast and free access to over fifty educational websites with hundreds of thousands of interactive audio-visual resources, including interactive digital Textbooks and Storybooks.
- The School’s Computer room would be made functional as a digital library; and the existing library infrastructure will be automated with a library automation and management system.
- The e-Learning Management system module will help teachers/tutors to digitize their lesson notes and manage e-Lessons.
- With image projectors or e-boards in place, teachers can illustrate and demonstrate their subjects with several simulators in the system.
- This system makes learning fun and helps schools to have more academically engaged students. Of course, when students are actively engaged with interactive and educative audio-visual resources, their retention and academic performance are improved.
- The fear of pupils and students being exposed to inappropriate online contents will be totally removed.
- Polawa Offline Internet e-Library Server can serve as an alternative to the internet or as a realistic web resources server for schools and therefore makes periodic internet subscription fully optional for educational purposes.
How It Works?
Polawa Interactive e-Library & e-Resources System is designed to be installed as an on-premise box server and accessed instantly through web browsers on any computer device connected over wired or/and wireless local area network within the school.